My Mind Words Paper + south africa literature

Call for Poems/ Prose: Sowetan Newspaper's "By the Youth, For the Youth" Project (South Africa)

SOWETAN is giving the youth a voice - in the spirit of national Youth Month - by inviting the participation of youths not older than 25 in a new, exciting nation-building project called Youth Tube - By The Youth, For The Youth.

This youth-affirming project is inspired by a brainwave from Sowetan Live colleague Razia Pillay. You can send us a short poem, a little rap act, short video presentation, picture story, prose or any artistic expression.

Your creative submissions should all be addressing topics including:

* What it means for me to be broke,
* Potential,
* If I was a youth leader, this is what I'd do/change,
* Growing up in the hood,
* Am I privileged if I have everything?, or
* on the topic: Stop....?!;

Or you can express yourself on these other topics:

* My role model is.... because....
* What my grandmother has taught me;
* Every scar has a story,
* Peer pressure,
* Freedom,
* Growing up with granny,
* Daddy's girl,
* I'm over this celeb / hobby / booze / guy... because...,
* Being broke,
* Rebelling against everything,
* My first kiss, and
* Getting a piercing and or a tattoo.

The best work will be published in the Sowetan Nation Building section on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. Send submissions via e-mail to tellus@sowetan.co.za or drop your submission off at: Avusa House, 4 Biermann Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg. Please mark it For Attention Razia Pillay at Sowetan LIVE.

Contact Information:

For inquiries: tellus@sowetan.co.za

For submissions: tellus@sowetan.co.za

Website: http://www.sowetanlive.co.za

call for submissions, literary works, and more:

Call for Poems/ Prose: Sowetan Newspaper's "By the Youth, For the Youth" Project (South Africa) + south africa literature